Seong K. Byun
Assistant Professor of Finance
School of Business
Virginia Commonwealth University
301 W. Main Street, Box 944000
Richmond, VA 23284
The Effect of Cultural Similarity on Mergers and Acquisitions: Evidence from Corporate Social Responsibility with Fred Bereskin, Micah Officer, and Jong-Min Oh.
- Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, forthcoming.
- Featured in the Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation.
Local Corporate Social Responsibility, Media Coverage, and Shareholder Value with Jong-Min Oh.
- Journal of Banking and Finance, 87 (2018), 68-86.
- First Place Doctoral Student Outstanding Paper, 2013 Southern Finance Association Annual Meeting.
Incremental versus Breakthrough Innovation: The Role of Technology Spillovers, with Jong-Min Oh and Han Xia.
- Revise and Resubmit, Management Science.
- Presented at 2015 Sixth Entrepreneurial Finance and Innovation Conference (Brandeis University), SFA 2015 (Captiva), and FMA 2016 (Las Vegas).
- Best Paper Award, Entrepreneurial Finance and Innovation Conference, 2015.
Incentivizing Innovation Under Ambiguity
- Presented at FIRS 2015 (Reykjavik), FMA 2015 (Orlando), SFA 2015 (Captiva), and The University of Texas at Dallas (2014).
Composition of Cash Flow Shocks and Corporate Investment with Valery Polkovnichenko and Michael Rebello
- Presented at 2016 EFA Annual Meeting (Oslo), 2014 NBER Summer Institute, Capital Markets and the Economy, 2014 FMA (Nashville), and 2014 SFA (Key West).
- Semifinalist for Best Paper in Corporate Finance at 2014 FMA Annual Meeting.